I am super excited to share a post with you today by a friend who introduced me to Shaklee. Kylie Hinkle is a wife, mommy to two boys and a girl on the way, and blogger at The Imperfect Home.
Kylie’s recent blog is on Children’s Vitamins and what can be found in them! I am grateful that she is letting me share her knowledge with you. Please read!
I have so much information here that I am going to dive right in.
In 2007 the FDA became aware of reports of elevated levels of lead found in certain vitamins. In response, they conducted a survey to determin the content of lead in women’s and children’s vitamins.
Here are some of the common brands that were listed containing lead.
One A Day
The Vitamin Shoppe
There are so many more. This is just a short list of some of the children’s vitamins containing lead, I did not even list any in the women’s prenatals, or the adult women category. Check out the site yourself for more information.
According to the mayoclinic.com:
Lead poisoning occurs when lead builds up in the body, often over a period of months or years. Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Children under the age of 6 are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can severely affect mental and physical development. At very high levels, lead poisoning can be fatal.
So after seeing the “small” amounts of lead found in the vitamins listed above, you may have thought, “oh it is only a little”. Yes, you are right, but we just heard from the Mayo Clinic that lead can build up in your body. Not only that, children are more vulnerable to lead poisoning.
But this study was done 5 years ago, surely they wouldn’t still have lead in them.
I would hope you are right. The problem with thinking this way is the fact that we are trusting the FDA to tell us what is bad. (That is a whole other blog post all together). The FDA cannot possibly test every ingredient in every product on the market. There is just not enough time or resources for that. And we also have the problem of the FDA approving things that are actually harmful for us.
Chicago Tribune article, “U.S. allows chemicals in food that are illegal elsewhere“
Shape article, “13 Banned Foods Still Allowed in the U.S.”
If I can’t trust the FDA to protect my heath, what do I do now?
You become the health advocate for your family.
Are there trusted brands out there?
I don’t know about all that may be trusted, but I do know about one that follows pharmaceutical standards. A company that conducts over 350 tests on every single new botanical ingredient for heavy metals, pesticides, or any of hundreds of other harmful contaminants. And they continue to conduct over 100,000 quality tests annually to guarantee the purity and safety of each and every product.
So what brand is this?
Why is Shaklee better?
1. Shaklee has been committed to purity for over 50 years!
2.They have 90 articles published in peer review publications, not the magazines you see on the self of your doctors office, peer reviewed publications!
3. They have a 100% guarantee on ALL of their products. You don’t like it, you send it back for a refund.
4. Shaklee products do what they promise to do. Meaning, they actually get absorbed into your body, you are not just paying for expensive pee!
5. They have the first-of-its-kind study called their Landmark Study, showing that people who took Shaklee supplements for over 20 years had markedly better health than those who just took a multivitamin or no supplementation at all.
Read more about the Landmark Study.
Here are just SOME of the ingredients on Shaklee’s NO list.
NO Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
NO Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES)
NO Propylene Glycol
NO Volatile Organic Cleaning Compounds (VOCs)
NO Hydrochloric Acid
NO Sodium Hydroxide
NO Butyl Cellosolve
NO Petroleum Distillates
NO Chlorine Bleach
NO Trans Fats
NO Artificial Sweeteners
NO Toxic Inks
NO Banned Substances
Here are some of the Children’s products.
Can I find Shaklee in any stores?
How do I get Shaklee products?
You can find a local Shaklee distributor or simply visit this website and start shopping.
The supplements are just some of the naturally safe products Shaklee offers.
They offer products for:
Kylie also shared in her blog how to help teach your kids to swallow pills. Her 3-year old son can swallow his vitamins! Check out her tips:
- Do not teach children to look up at the sky to swallow a pill. This actually restricts the amount of space in your esophagus when trying to swallow. You actually need them to look down slightly, not much, just slightly. This will open up the esophagus making it easier to swallow.
- For my son, it helps to have him take a drink, hold the water in his mouth, slide the supplement in, and then swallow.
- Don’t show any discouragement if they can’t get it. Just say something like, “Thank you for trying, maybe we can try again tomorrow.”
- If they can’t get it at this time, don’t push it. Just keep crushing your supplements with your mortar and pestle.
I am very grateful for Kylie introducing me to Shaklee. Since using their Get Clean products, our 14-year old no longer takes Zyrtec for his allergies (he use to throw up almost daily for congestion). And since placing the whole family on Shaklee supplements, Lenna-Grace no longer takes her 5 allergy and asthma medications! As well, all of our children have a lot better immune system!! Thanks, Kylie!!
If you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org