Over the past week, I have shared with you the great financial benefits of switching your cleaners to concentrated cleaners. I discussed using an All-Purpose cleaner that would last you over a year and only cost $10.25 (or $0.22 a gallon). Then I discussed some AMAZING laundry products that were extremely low in cost and worked better than any product I have ever used AND could be used for every type of laundry cleaning need (newborn clothes, cloth diapers, sheets, quilts, carpet, etc.). Finally, I discussed a $9.50 automatic dish washer product that could last you 3-6 months depending on how often you run your dishwasher (3-6 months is based on 4-7 times a week running the dishwasher and having regular water, not hard). Can you really beat these prices?
I have clearly shown that the prices are great and very budget-friendly for those of us who really budget and spend our money wisely. Now it is important to understand why using a safe non-toxic cleaner, that is affordable, is important.
Allergies, Asthma, ADD, Psoriasis, Autism, and much more. These are all common issues that fly around the American household so much now. It’s the norm to have someone in your home (or everyone) with at least one of these issues. We see it as something to just accept and move on to medicate. Have you ever considered that the toxins in your home could be triggering any of these?
Did you know the following?
- Organic pollutants, found in many common cleaners and even air fresheners, are present at levels 2 to 5 times higher inside your home than out.
- Common cleaners give off fumes that potentially can increase the risk of kids developing asthma, the most common chronic childhood disease.
- If your home is anything like the average U.S. home, you generate more than 20 pounds of hazardous household waste each year (the EPA designates toilet cleaners, tub and tile cleaners, oven cleaners, and bleach as hazardous waste).
- “More children under four die of accidental poisonings at home than are accidentally killed with guns at home.” -National Safety Council
- “Of Chemicals commonly found in homes, 150 have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities.” -Consumer Product Safety Commission
- “After analyzing 2,983 chemicals used in personal care products, 884 were found to be toxic.” -National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- “Indoor air pollution is one of the most important environmental health problems.” -Environmental Protection Agency in a report to congress
What about children?
An AMAZING research article on Environmental Health Threats to Children can be found HERE. I encourage you to read it. It states (and much more):
Children are more heavily exposed to environmental toxins than adults. Pound-for-pound, children breathe more air, drink more water, and eat more food than adults. Thus, they are more exposed to whatever toxins are present in those media. Children’s exposures are further increased by the fact that they tend to play close to the ground and to engage in repeated hand-to-mouth activity.
Children are less able to metabolize and excrete most toxic substances.
Children’s rapidly developing organ systems-the central nervous system, reproductive organs, immune system, and lungs-are highly susceptible to toxic insult.
You can also check out this article that has supporting researchers on Toxins in your home. Or see this post which also contains research about toxins in certain cleaners and their proven long-term effects on health.
Maybe you use “Green” products and think you are safe. However, many cleaners are labeled “green” or “natural” but do not disclose all their ingredients and have toxins still in them! Check out the EWG (Environmental Working Group) “Cleaners Hall of Shame” This lists products that are labeled “green,” “safe” or “non-toxic” but in fact contain hazardous materials. It also lists products that are fatal if inhaled, products that burn the skin, products with asthma-causing ingredients, products that are BANNED in other countries, and much more! You would be surprised!
What is different about Shaklee Get Clean Products? See here excellent resource on why Shaklee is an exceptional value!
No Harmful Fumes
No Volatile Organic Cleaning Compounds
Kerosene, Phenol, Cresol,
Lye, Hydrochloric Acid, Sulfuric Acid,
Sulfamic Acid, Petroleum Distillates, Ammonia,
Sodium Hydroxide, Butyl Cellosolve, Phosphoric Acid,
Formaldehyde, or Morpholine
Outperforms or matches 15 national brands
100% money-back guarantee
Sustainable ingredients from natural sources
Recyclable dryer sheets
No chlorine bleach
No volatile organic cleaning compounds
No animal testing
WOW! Checkout this amazing review of Shaklee Get Clean products.
So we have discussed the great value. We’ve discussed the reason or non-toxic products. And we have discussed the outstanding difference in Shaklee, a company that has been around for OVER 55 years and was “going green” before it was the thing to do.
If you would like more information on anything I discussed, please contact me (or the person who sent you here). Be sure to check out all the great products offered by Shaklee’s Get Clean line.